The results of an evaluative study conducted by SEENDICO in collaboration with ECORYS Polska on the impact of the RPO WSL 2014-2020 on the socio-economic development of the Silesian Voivodeship and the achievement of Poland’s goals under the Europe 2020 Strategy are promising. This program has significantly contributed to the growth of the Silesian Voivodeship’s GDP, despite challenges such as the pandemic and the conflict in Ukraine. Labor productivity in the region has steadily increased, positively impacting economic development. Business investments were also on the rise, and the program demonstrated resilience to external shocks.
Key findings from the study include:
- RPO WSL 2014-2020 had a substantial impact on the growth of the Silesian Voivodeship’s GDP.
- Labor productivity exhibited stable growth throughout the program’s implementation period.
- Business investments increased, and the program proved to be resilient to external shocks.
- Employment rates increased, and the unemployment rate remained low.
- The program supported the objectives of the Europe 2020 Strategy, particularly the priorities of “sustainable growth” and “smart growth.”
Analyzing the program’s impact on these indicators was complex due to the numerous factors influencing socio-economic development, including national policies, economic cycles, and structural changes. Nevertheless, the results are promising and indicate a favorable impact of RPO WSL 2014-2020 on the region’s development and the achievement of European strategic objectives.